Do you ever have one of those moments during adagio while executing a developpe a la second when you realize that your leg is nowhere near a true side? Thank heavens no one is snapping instagram pictures of me during class. I’m not sure an angle exists to make that look good in a photo.
Nobody is picture perfect- well, except perhaps these dancers…
Favorite captured moments of dance and dancers in photography- September 2014
- Jessica Brown, dancer with Ballet Met- shot by Jennifer Zmuda– I love the bright color of that blue wall against her fair skin
- Ballet Met Columbus– shot by Jennifer Zmuda– Wonderfully composed shot, and I like how the dancers remind me of a flock of birds
- Jessica Brown (I’m not obsessed) shot by Kenny Johnson– ballet angles are hard to get right and this is just perfect
- Cheyenne Phillips shot by Gerry Love– the movement, the hair, the lighting, and her face is so serene.
- Esoteric Dance Project preparing for a fundraiser performance in Chicago- the space looks fascinating, kind of like a runway.
- Wendy Whelan and Craig Hall performing at Lincoln Center- because, come on…
Such amazing talent in front of and behind the camera. If I were going to do a photohoot anytime soon, I’d have to ask one of these incredible photographers. Though even they might not be THAT good…